Tuesday, December 07, 2004

God?

I generally don’t believe in God. I say generally b/c there is one exception – when I’m in serious trouble. Say for example... an earthquake. I could come up with 101 ways til Sunday to invalidate God’s existence but the minute the ground starts moving and the building starts shaking, I’m like “Oh God please help me. I’ll do anything. I’ll be good. I won’t lie anymore. I won’t say bad things about others behind their backs. Please God, just get me out of this alive.” Then the ground stops moving. The building stands still. Everything is quiet once again. “Hey thanks God. I appreciate the help. Oh, about that little pact back there... I’m sure you can understand that I was under duress, right? You can’t take my words literally, can you? How about a compromise…?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home