Wednesday, December 15, 2004

No More Water!

That's it! I've had enough! I can't take it anymore! I dined in one of San Francisco's finer eating establishments the other night. The food was amazing but the service was too good. You heard me right - too much service. Specifically, I'm referring to the water boy. They stand off to the side trying to be inconspicuous but they're eyeing my water glass like a hawk. The second I lift my water glass, they're lifting the water pitcher. And before I even have a chance to put the glass back down on the table, there's that annoying pitcher in my face filling up that last sip's worth of lost liquid. Folks, is this really necessary? Must the water glass be at 100% capacity 100% of the time? And why? What's the point? Frankly, if I had my druthers, I'd rather have my glass 1/2 full all the time. Blasphemy you say? You see, that way I don't have to be so careful about spilling it. I also feel like I'm making progress. With a full glass, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Nomatter how much I drink, it's like I haven't had a sip. Until the end of the evening of course, at which time I need to relieve myself every 6 minutes because I've consumed the equivalent of 14 glasses of water over the course of the 90 minute meal. Maybe I should stick with McDonalds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home