Monday, January 10, 2005

Put Away that Cell Phone!

Talking while walking down the sidewalk? O.K. While driving the car on the highway? Dangerous perhaps but I get it. At the gym? You look stupid but I can live with it if you must. At the table at a nice restaurant? Rude, obnoxious but I can barely tolerate it once in a blue moon. But this one tops the cake. I never thought I'd see the day...

So I'm at a nice restaurant last week. I excuse myself after my 4th glass of water to take care of business in the Men's room. Here I am attempting to relieve myself at the urinal with a little peace and quiet when in walks this huge cheeseball talking on the cell on the top of his lungs as he steps up to the other urinal. I figured he was about to hang up. No such luck. He keeps chatting away with one hand and proceeds to do everything else with his other hand. Can you believe it? WHAT THE HELL IS SO GODDAMM IMPORTANT??? I just don't get it. What was so incredibly urgent that he just couldn't pause a conversation while using the facilities? Honestly I just don't get it. Was Microsoft buying his company? Did his father just pass away? Dog got run over by the school bus? President Bush got abducted by aliens (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)? No. No. No. No. Nothing. He was talking about absolutely nothing. I think it went something like this: "...uh huh... yeah... that's cool... yeah, me too... oh, my God, you're kidding?... wow... can't believe it dude... that's something else... what?... not sure... maybe if it doesn't rain... you?... o.k.... that makes sense... I hear you..."

Maybe I've just had my head in the sand for too long but this was a first for me. And I pray to the powers that be... the last!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger buYFzrSR said...

Thanks for all the great information, I am sure lots of people will find it useful.My Site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home