Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My favorite bugs. Part I

It's taken me 16 blogs to finally come up with a topic big enough for a Part I and Part II. Are you as excited as I am? Here we go. One of my favorite bugs in the world is the Mayfly. Here's what fascinates me about this creature: their average lifespan is just a few hours. You heard me right - a few HOURS. I kid you not. Just think... A mayfly is born, opens its eyes, learns how to walk, learns how to fly, learns how to communicate, goes through puberty, grows up, dates around, finds a mate, procreates, takes a nap, reminisces on old times, gets sick and dies all in the time you were watching Titanic. Crazy, huh? I can just picture papa mayfly on his deathbed at 2.5 hours distilling advice to his 3 minute old son: "Son, I remember way back when I was just a few minutes old just like you. I had my entire life in front of me. The world was mine. I knew if I put my mind to it, I could accomplish anything. So I focused on being the fastest flying, buziest mayfly I could be. As the minutes passed on, I realized that I didn't want to be alone any more. A few minutes after that is when I first met your mother and it was love at first site. We dated off and on for a couple minutes until we finally realized that we were meant to be together. It was only a minute or two after that until your mother got pregnant. The next minute you were born and after a few minutes... well, here we are. Enjoy every minute son. It goes by so quickly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home