Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My favorite Sport

Raise your hand if you've found yourself from time to time poking fun at bowling as a "sport". Me too. I mean, come on - these guys aren't exactly sweating up a storm during their 10 frames. In fact, I think I've caught them occasionally grabing a slice of pizza while awaiting their turn. And billiards is even worse as far as required athleticism is concerned.

But those are nothing compared to my all time favorite "sport". Ready? Sumo wrestling. It's the only sport I've ever heard of where the fatter you are, the more successful you become. I'll telling you that these guys generally weigh in at north of 375 lbs. And do you know how they get to be so fat? Have you ever actually watched one of these matches? It's because they don't do anything, that's why! I'd say each match lasts somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 seconds. You step in the ring, bow to your opponent, stare him in the eye and then proceed to bounce him out of the ring with your blubber before he does the same to you. I'm pretty sure the bowing takes up more time than the fight itself. Can't see too many calories being burned during the 6 second contest.

Hmmm... I like to eat. I could use some more cash. Maybe I've finally found the perfect career.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of pizza... ever thought of entering a pizza eating contest? I'd bet on the other guy.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Tarun Theogaraj said...

I keep ribbing my dad about golf (which he plays and I don't). C'mon, is it a SPORT if you stop halfway through for breakfast?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home