Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Pre-sickness

I hate being sick. I'll make no bones about it (note: where the heck does that expression "no bones about it" come from anyway?). But being pre-sick is even worse. You know the feeling. You come home from work one day to find that your wife is sick, your toddler is sick and your infant is sick. Heck, even the mice that run around our kitchen eating up crumbs in the middle of the night are sick. Everyone's sick except you. But at the same time, something feels sort of off. Know what I mean? You're not sick per se. No fever. No soar throat. No nausea. No headaches. No specific symptoms that you can point to. Just a feeling that you're not exactly 100%. Sort of like that pre-pain feeling when you used to go to the doctor as a kid and could smell the alcohol that you knew came seconds before that painful injection. It's not that you were in pain from the odor but it was close enough to the real thing that you started to shed a few tears just to set the ambiance.

Anyway, I just don't like being pre-sick. There's nothing you can really do about it but sit there and wait in line (unless you're one of those consumer suckers who buys into the Airborne phenomenon... o.k. fine, I guess I've been one of those consumer suckers on more than one occasion). If you're a flu and you're reading this blog, I beg of you - either hit me and hit me hard or stay away. But don't jerk me around. I can't take it. The anticipation alone could kill me. Just do what you've gotta do and move along to the next victim. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous black mold test kit said...

Warning...Warning.. Safety Tip of the WEEK...If you are having problems with colds and sickness in your home and you live in a moist wet ares of the country. Then you might want a black mold test kit .. If you see black dust looking stuff on your walls or around your bathtub,shower or sink then you probaly have a mold problem and need to get a black mold test kit . Dont panic and think you need to get a black mold test kit right away. You can use bleach to clean it up with some paper tools and then dispose of the towels a trash bag. If you need some more info visit http://moldinfo4u.com .. I hope you have a safe and sickness free home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home